Adele and Rihanna have reached the one million milestone with songs Rolling in the Deep and Diamonds, but there are some unlikely culprits out there who have achieved the same. Take a look...
Justin Timberlake (feat. Jay-Z): Suit & Tie
So Justin Timberlake’s been a right old tease for the last few days, suddenly dropping hints about new music, complete with a website countdown and whatnot, and the goods have finally arrived, so what’s the deal?
10 things about the new Justin Timberlake single Suit & Tie and related shenanigans:
- The intro is a bit naff, then once you soon hear the horns we promise it gets better.
- Producer Timbaland says ‘Are you ready JT?’ and the song secends into floaty, slightly funky mid-tempo R&B.
- After a few bars you’ll be singing the repeated line ‘She’s so fi-i-ine’.
- The catchy chorus rolls around and the rhymes are simple and sexy, grown-up-I’m-in-love stylee a la Robin Thicke.
- At this point you’ll be singing ‘Let me show you a few thaaangs / a-bout lo-o-ve’.
- A dark bassy note drops and ‘Get out your seat Hov’ marks the introduction of Mr Jay-Z… who, to be honest, I could go without on the track.
- It’s not mind-blowing but it’s a good, solid statement track from JT. We expect the amazingness levels to be cranked up for singles 2 and 3 and we’re excited about the album but there was a bit of a sense of anti-climax upon the first listen, considering the hype…
- Saying that, it’s DEFINITELY a grower/track 1 on the track-listing kind of material.
- Suit And Tie is out on iTunes now and is taken from JT’s new album, due out later this year, called The 20/20 Experience.
- More details about the album and his sneaky recording of it last summer is in his open letter to fans below…
An Open Letter to you (the fans):
I hope this gets to you the right way. It’s the only way I know to do it. Some people may criticize me for the last 3 days. But it was fun, right?? Right?!?! Besides, I’d rather speak directly to all of you. And, who can knock me for having a little bit of fun with it?
Well… No more teasing. Although, it was A LOT of fun. (Did I mention that I’m having fun with this?? Ha!)
*Makes a serious face*
So, here goes:
This year is an exciting one for me. As you probably have heard through the “grapevine,” I’m gearing up for a big 2013.
Back in June of last year, I quietly started working on what is now, my next journey with that thing I love called MUSIC.
The inspiration for this really came out of the blue and to be honest, I didn’t expect anything out of it. I just went into the studio and started playing around with some sounds and songs. It was probably the best time I’ve had in my career… Just creating with no rules and/or end goal in mind and really enjoying the process.
What I came up with is something I couldn’t be more excited about! It is full of inspiration that I grew up listening to and some newfound muses that I’ve discovered along the way.
I’m calling it “The 20/20 Experience,” and it’s coming out this year.
I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it.
That’s all I’m giving you for now… I know, I know! Again, with the teasing!!!
Get ready. This is going to be fun (well, at least it is for me).
What do you think of Suit & Tie?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I love it! Amazing! Well worth the wait!
- I wasn't sure at first but it's growing on me.
- Hmmmm... a bit disappointed, to be honest.
- What a load of rubbish.
latest music videos
Check out this exclusive video of George Michael performing Let Her Down Easy. Produced by George Michael and the late, legendary Phil Ramone, the track is taken from George’s forthcoming album, Symphonica which will also be released on March 17, 2014. Download: http://po.st/GMFreeDownload Pre orders: iTunes: http://po.st/Symph... More Check out this exclusive video of George Michael performing Let Her Down Easy. Produced by George Michael and the late, legendary Phil Ramone, the track is taken from George’s forthcoming album, Symphonica which will also be released on March 17, 2014. Download: http://po.st/GMFreeDownload Pre orders: iTunes: http://po.st/SymphonicaiT Amazon: http://po.st/SymphonicaAmz
Date 13/02/14, Duration 3:49, Views 28681