Updated: 22/11/2013 10:31 | By pa.press.net

Williams pens song about daughter

Robbie Williams has written a song for daughter Teddy

Robbie Williams has written a song for daughter Teddy

Robbie Williams has written a song for daughter Teddy

Robbie Williams has told how he poured his feelings about his daughter into his new song.

The former Take That star, 39, said he worried that 14-month-old Theodora Rose, nicknamed Teddy, would meet a man like him when she is older.

"Go Gentle is a warning and a promise. The verses are full of warning for my daughter and the chorus is a promise that I've made to her that I have to keep - and it's a big promise," Metro quoted him as saying.

"In the verses I'm playing around with the fact that she might meet somebody like me when she's 16 or 36 and what she should do if she does."

In the track Go Gentle, Robbie, who will be taking over Dermot O'Leary's Radio 2 show for a Christmas Special, promises his first child that he will always be there for her.

The track features the lines: "You're gonna meet some strangers welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments except for one or two. Some of them are angry, some of them are mean, most of them are twisted, few of them are clean."

Speaking to biographer Chris Heath at a Facebook fan event, the Angels singer said: "I reckon a young human needs love and time and respect and if we give her that then I believe she's going to make good choices. That's what I hope anyway, fingers crossed."

latest music videos

related stories on msn

10Comments
22/11/2013 11:48

What father wouldn't think that and worry. Just because he was a bit of an idiot when he was younger I think he would definitely not want a daughter to get mixed up with someone like him. Work hard at having a good relationship with your family and its more likely they will listen to what you say to them when they are older.

To Keith White and Gilly Potter - he is a parent now and you automatically go in to a different mode.

22/11/2013 11:05
good for you Robbie! that's most parents dream to be there for their child, unfortunately when parents get older and the child is grown with a mind if their own, there is nothing you can do! what happens in their life is up to them, older parents especially with young children find life with their growing young  adult very stressful often due to generation differences! so watch out!
22/11/2013 15:33
Yes, lets hope she dosnt meet a man like u Robbie
What an ego , he has always thought the world revolves around him .
22/11/2013 19:11
Meet a man like him What a closet GAY ?
23/11/2013 01:37
22/11/2013 21:28
Producing children is easy. Looking after them is hard. Robbie Williams is a talentless tw@t. Yet you sad people promote that because real talent scares you. You all make me feel better about myself
22/11/2013 22:44
Robbie doesn't want his daughter to meet a man like him? I think the word MAN might be stretching the point a bit, talentless/clueless/mindless muppet might be a bit closer.