Would you recognise your favourite starlet from when they started out in the business?
Review: One Direction - Live While We're Young
Hold the antibiotics. I've caught the One Direction infection and I think I like it.
Following the premieres of new singles from JLS and The Wanted within 24 hours of each other earlier this month, fellow UK boy band luvvies 1D held fire for as long as possible before dishing out their latest musical delight.
But the good old internet sprung a leak and an unauthorised version of the video for their new single came out, forcing the fantastic five to bring forward the premiere of Live While We're Young by four days, coinciding nicely with their iTunes Festival appearance.
So the big question is - is it better than the pop behemoth What Makes You Beautiful?
It could well be after a few more listens...
Check out the new video in the player below and then keep reading for the MSN verdict.
First thoughts on Live While We're Young:
- There's a guitar intro cheekily nicked from Should I Stay Or Should I Go by The Clash. In the video the lads wake up in a massive tent, possibly looking a bit post-festival hungover (yet immaculately groomed) and Liam's up on vocals first. He is good, and super-cute. Zayn then sings nicely, "We'll keep doing what we do / just pretending that we're cool / and we know it too". He is also good, and super-cute.
- You shortly realise that the track is very What-Makes-You-Beautiful-and-One-Thing-esque which is a massive pop win (Team 1D have got a formula and they're sticking to it with the dream team of writers Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub and Savan Kotecha having penned this one too).
- That five-of-them-singing-at-once-on-the-chorus bit comes in as usual "Let's go crazy crazy crazy 'til we see the sun / I know we only met but let's pretend it's love / and never never never stop for anyone / Tonight let's get some and live while we're young" Get some of what?! :/
- As if that wasn't repetitive/earwormy enough, cue "oowoahoohoohoohohohoh" and at that point if you're not singing along, you and I cannot be friends.
- As 1D have got more famous, their coiffed hairdos have got bigger and they have become noticeably buffer, cue topless/wet T-shirt situation in the pool. I am too old to comment on this but I'm sure this makes the Directioners very happy. Although I am younger than Caroline Flack... moving on...
- Niall on guitar, sporting a pair of Raybans means he wins the coveted 'Coolest Directioner of the Video' award (made up by me).
- Falling over in giant hamster balls, trampolining and comical dancing makes the video look like a LOT of fun. I wish I was in it *Team 1D, please note: I am available for future video shoots
- If you don't pick up the words the first time, the melody'll get you and you'll end up humming along anyway.
- It's fun, pure unadulterated pop and I like it.
- LWWY was released via pre-order earlier this month and immediately became the fastest selling pre-order single in history. Not bad, eh?
The One Direction infection is spreading and it's contagious - have you caught it yet?
Live While We're Young will be released on September 30 and is the first single to be taken from the group's second album Take Me Home, which is out on November 12
latest music videos
In preparation for her role as Felicia in the multi award-winning MEMPHIS THE MUSICAL, Beverley Knight travels to the iconic city in order to immerse herself in the music, history and culture. Watch as Beverley visits legendary landmarks such as Sun Studio and Willie Mitchell's Royal Studio, then records a number from the show ... More In preparation for her role as Felicia in the multi award-winning MEMPHIS THE MUSICAL, Beverley Knight travels to the iconic city in order to immerse herself in the music, history and culture. Watch as Beverley visits legendary landmarks such as Sun Studio and Willie Mitchell's Royal Studio, then records a number from the show on Al Green’s very own microphone.
Date 26/08/14, Duration 4:17, Views 2351